Tuesday 2 October 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I would love to meet

Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted by the fabulous Jana at The Artsy Reader Girl. You can join in with future topics here!

Everyone has a list of authors they would one day love to meet. Some of them are realistic, others not so much. But today I'm going full on wish list for my top ten authors that I would really love to meet.

Sarah J Maas
Books you should read: The Court of Thorns & Roses series, the Throne of Glass series

Sarah's books have meant a huge amount to me over the years. The book that's resonated the most with me has to be "A Court of Mist & Fury", so I'd mostly just like to meet her to thank her in person for everything her words have meant to me, and also to show her the tattoo I've had done that was inspired by her words.



J K Rowling
Books you should read: The Harry Potter series

J K Rowling has to be on a lot of lists today. She's touched a lot of lives, her books have meant a huge amount to a lot of people, and the chance to say that to her in person would be a dream come true.

Sarah Rees Brennan
Books you should read:  The Demon's Lexicon trilogy, The Lynburn Legacy trilogy, In Other Lands

Full disclosure, technically I've already met Sarah a couple of times, but she's so awesome and fun that I would love to meet her again. Basically if we could sit down and binge watch some tv shows together that would be awesome.

C.G. Drews
Books you should read:  A Thousand Perfect Notes

Anyone who follows Cait on Instagram or twitter (@paperfury get on that if you haven't already) knows how brilliantly sassy and funny she is. I loved her debut novel and I would love to sit down and talk to her about writing, books, and how she survives having book towers fall on her whilst taking pictures for bookstagram.

Diana Gabaldon
Books you should read:  The Outlander series

These books are incredible. I love the origin story of how Diana started writing Outlander, and I'd be fascinated to just sit and talk research over a cup of tea and find out a little bit more about the mind that constructed these amazing stories.

George R R Martin
Books you should read:  A Song of Ice & Fire saga

I'm just endlessly fascinated by the mind that conceived of this incredible saga. It's amazing on so many levels, and I imagine that you could easily lose several hours just talking about the series, never mind all the other things I'd love to pick his brains over.

Maggie Stiefvater
Books you should read: The Raven Cycle, All the Crooked Saints, The Scorpio Races

Maggie's books are incredible. My love for both The Scorpio Races and The Raven Cycle will never be able to be fully articulated. But I'd love to try, and just to have the chance to hear Maggie talk about her work and her process. Following her online gives a tiny fascinating insight, and I'd love to know more.

Deanna Raybourn
Books you should read:  The Lady Julia Grey series, The Veronica Speedwell Mysteries

Deanna's books, particularly her Lady Julia series are another that appeared out of no where for me and then smacked me round the head with how incredible they were and I developed a huge love for them. All of her books are brilliantly written, engaging right from the opening line, and populated with fascinating characters. The chance to chat with her about all of those would be a dream come true.

Julia Quinn
Books you should read: The Bridgerton series

Julia's books got me through many a tough time. Example A: my A Levels, where my mother bribed me through study with the promise of a Julia Quinn novel every time I reached a certain number of hours. They are comfort food in book form, and I'd love to chat with her about her ideas, her characters, and the wonderful world she's created.

Martha Brockenbrough
Books you should read: The Game of Love & Death

I feel incredibly lucky that I've already had chance to chat to Martha a bit online, but there's nothing quite like sitting down with an author and talking about books, writing, and everything in between over a cup of tea.

So there you have it! Ten of my favourite authors that I would love to meet, have books signed by, hear them talk about their process, and sit and chat books, tv and everything in between.
Now it's your turn! In the comments tell me some authors you would love to meet!

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I've never seen a picture of Cait before. Meeting Maggie was one of my favorite author experiences. She's super funny and smart and has so many interesting hobbies and interests to talk about. I'd also love to meet JK Rowling-- I don't know how that could ever happen, but it would be AWESOME if it did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! She is more than wellies!!! Oh I'm so envious, that must have been amazing! She's one of those people I really admire. And meeting JK would be INCREDIBLE! I think that's the dream for a lot of bookish folks!

      Delete
  2. Rowling has definitely be a quite a few lists today---my own included! It's funny, I met Gabaldon at a Scottish Festival before her books were big---who would have known what a phenomenon they would become! I looooove Game of Love and Death, and actually met Martha. She's amazing. Her books for the signing got lost so she stood on a chair and did an impromptu reading for everyone waiting in line. I'll never forget it.:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised, I think she really is the dream for a lot of book worms! Oh wow, that's awesome! It's always really wonderful to meet authors at the start of something like that looking back, even if you don't know it at the time.
      Martha is AMAZING. One day, I'm determined, the dream will come true!

      Delete
  3. Maggie Stiefvater would be so fascinating to meet. :) Great choices!

    Check out my TTT, my FraterFest Read-A-Thon TBR, & my Fall Bookish Bingo progress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'd be really fascinating to chat to! Thanks so much!

      Delete